Friday, February 24, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15314

When I try to connect to MS SQL Server 2005 standard edition it appear the error message as [Either no algorithm has been specified or the bitlength and the algorithm specified for the key are not available in this installation of windows (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15314)].

Please anyone explain me how this error message mean. How to solve this matter to avoid this happen anymore.

Thank you

Simba

If you are on windows 2000 then this is probably due to the existence of a symmetric key with the AES alogorithm.

Check the create symmetric key entry in Books Online and check the following topic: Choosing an Encryption Algorithm

HTH,

-Steven Gott

SDE/T

SQL Server

|||

Thanks Steven for your reply.

I am using Window Advanced Server 2003. The error does not happen every time I login to the SQL Server 2005 but it just happens sometimes. I mean I have a website that connects to SQL Server. My users can use properly just sometimes they cannot connect to the database. So I have to try to connect directly to database and it appears the error.

Simba

|||

Looks like a symmetric key issue as this is a one key that is used for both encryption and decryption. This is a fast, commonly used method for encryption. As with a certificate, many parameters are available when creating Symmetric Keys. In most cases, we only need a limited set of parameters. You can refer to Books Online for all the parameters.

Are you using any specific encryption algorithm?

No comments:

Post a Comment