Friday, February 24, 2012

Microsoft SQL Sever 2005 Express <> Mixed authentication.

Hello dear all,
I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right newsgroup,
if not please direct me to the right one.
I've installed "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express",
and now I can log on only with windows authentication,
I tried to follow : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269587/en-us
instructions, which says it's indeed for all versions of SQL Server,
but first I don't have Enterprise Manager, I have "SQL Server Configuration
Manager",
and in there I don't find "Server" group as it says to expand it.
so basically I cannot set authentication to mixed.
I need to log on with sql authentication not with windows one.
Help much appreciated.
ThanksHi George,
---
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;EN-US;q285097
---
INF: How to Change the Default Login Authentication Mode to SQL While
Installing SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine by Using Windows Installer
---
<snip>
Another way to change the security mode after installation is to stop
SQL Server and set the appropriate registry key for your installation:
Default instance:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSqlserver\MSSq
lServer\LoginMode
Named instance:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance
Name\MSSQLServer\LoginMode
to 2 for mixed-mode or 1 for integrated. (Integrated is the default
setup for the SQL Server 2000 Data Engine.)
</snip>
Restart the service after this procedure.
HTH, jens Suessmeyer.|||Hello Jens,
thank you very much for answering.
I don't have the registry keys that you mentioned.
1) HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSqlserver\MSSq
lServer\LoginMode
I don't have this.
in my registry it goes till:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSqlserver\ "here I've got only one entry" \Client
2)HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance
Name\MSSQLServer\LoginMode
I don't have this neither.
in my registry it goes till:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance
Names\ "and here I have just one entry" \SQL
Regards.
"Jens" <Jens@.sqlserver2005.de> wrote in message
news:1139301968.599548.102040@.g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi George,
> ---
> http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;EN-US;q285097
> ---
> INF: How to Change the Default Login Authentication Mode to SQL While
> Installing SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine by Using Windows Installer
> ---
> <snip>
> Another way to change the security mode after installation is to stop
> SQL Server and set the appropriate registry key for your installation:
>
> Default instance:
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSSqlserver\MSSq
lServer\LoginMode
>
> Named instance:
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance
> Name\MSSQLServer\LoginMode
>
> to 2 for mixed-mode or 1 for integrated. (Integrated is the default
> setup for the SQL Server 2000 Data Engine.)
> </snip>
> Restart the service after this procedure.
>
> HTH, jens Suessmeyer.
>|||Are you sure that you installe a instance of SQL Server Express on your
computer ?|||Have you checked for LoginMode under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Mi
crosoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQLServer
Note: the MSSQL.2 can be any number based on logic that normally starts
at 1 as in
MSSQL.1
Tim S|||Hello there,
thanks a lot,
I just found that key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Mi
crosoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQLServer
I have it here.
I'll go try right now... and tell then if it worked...
"Tim" <stahta01@.juno.com> wrote in message
news:1139346215.000850.4360@.o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Have you checked for LoginMode under
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Mi
crosoft SQL
> Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQLServer
> Note: the MSSQL.2 can be any number based on logic that normally starts
> at 1 as in
> MSSQL.1
> Tim S
>|||worked as a charm ))
thank you very much Jens.
"Jens" <Jens@.sqlserver2005.de> wrote in message
news:1139329297.715620.178700@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Are you sure that you installe a instance of SQL Server Express on your
> computer ?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment