Friday, February 24, 2012

Microsoft SQL Web Data Administrator

I have installed this and I cannot access my MSDE Instance. Any ideas?
The instance of my DB is running.
My Server Manager Says that it is running, Services says that it is running,
but I cannot get to the SQLServer (On my own pc) with the Web Data
Administrator or TOAD for SQL Server.
|||It is quite possible that it is running on a non-standard port not 1433.
Open up a console window and type following
PROMPT> telnet localhost 1433
if you see a blank screen that means the server is listening. If you get
an error that means that it is listening on a different port
Joe Tobey wrote:
> I have installed this and I cannot access my MSDE Instance. Any ideas?
> The instance of my DB is running.
|||It is listen in on a different PORT...how do I change that?
"Dennis Black" wrote:

> It is quite possible that it is running on a non-standard port not 1433.
> Open up a console window and type following
> PROMPT> telnet localhost 1433
> if you see a blank screen that means the server is listening. If you get
> an error that means that it is listening on a different port
>
> Joe Tobey wrote:
>
>
|||To determine the port MSDE is using, run the SQL Server Network Utility
on the machine hosting the MSDE instance. The SQL Server Network
Utility can be found at \Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\Binn\svrnetcn.exe.
On the general tab, select the your MSDE instance. Select TCP/IP and
press the Properties button and look at the port
Dennis
Joe Tobey wrote:[vbcol=seagreen]
> It is listen in on a different PORT...how do I change that?
> "Dennis Black" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment