Monday, February 20, 2012

Microsoft SQL server Virtual Backup specification

Hi,
My task is to freeze SQL server so that it can be in a consistent state and after my job is done i need to thaw it. I have gone through the VDI specification given by Microsoft SQl server. It is concerned with APIs to third party vendors to take backup of SQL server with or without snapshot. Using that is there a way to do my task ?

Thanks in Advance

Can you tell us a little more about what you're trying to accomplish?

Are you building your own backup app, or what are you accomplishing by freezing the database?

There may be other less disruptive (and easier) methods to use, depending on what you're needing to do.

|||Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the reply.I want to build a backup application. But according to my requirements, i cant install VSS agent on the machine. Is there any way to freeze the SQL server using VDI ?

No comments:

Post a Comment