Monday, February 20, 2012

Microsoft SQL Server Upgrade Wizard

I need to convert from SQL Server 7 to 2000 and I have the 2000 installation
media - but where do I find the Microsoft SQL Server Upgrade Wizard ? Is it
included in the installation cd? or do I need to get a different product?Are you installing on a new server or upgrading an existing SQL 7 box?
In either case, you should have the option to install the upgrade wizard =
during the installation.
Moving databases from SQL7 to SQL2k is easy -- simply back them up and =
restore them to the 2k box. Note: it is not possible to go the other =
way! (at least not with BACKUP and RESTORE).
--=20
Keith
"confused" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:44F65E3A-8EC2-45C5-8E1B-23B9868DF4D1@.microsoft.com...
> I need to convert from SQL Server 7 to 2000 and I have the 2000 =
installation media - but where do I find the Microsoft SQL Server =
Upgrade Wizard ? Is it included in the installation cd? or do I need to =
get a different product?

No comments:

Post a Comment