Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Migrating data from sql server to sql server ce

Hi, I am looking for a way to transfer data from sql server to sql server ce. I am using sql server management studio express wich has no export/import wizard. How can I accomplish this task? are there any tools available? thanks
I have developed a set of tools that can help you with this. Please note that 3.5 is not supported yet.|||Thanks! I will check it out!
|||Jo?o, I have tried your tools. But when i try to run it it says it can't open the device database. I want to export the sql 2005 database to a .sdf file. When I check the 'local' checkbox I still get the same error.
Is there any other way to port sql ce databases to sql server?
|||You must install SQL Compact Edition 3.1 on your desktop in order to use the "Local" checkbox.|||Great! it works! thanks. Does it also migrate foreign keys to sql ce?
|||It migrates PRIMARY KEY and FOREIGN KEY constraints. UNIQUE constraints are not migrated (they may show up as UNIQUE INDEX) nor are column defaults (due to the SQL language difference between engines, especially Access). IDENTITY columns are correctly migrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment