Friday, March 30, 2012

Migrating from Excel to sql-server

Hello,
I have got the job to migrate data from an Excel-sheet to a
sql-server-database. I have a lot of experience with Access but
Sql-Server is not in my line.
So who can give me some advice about how to do this job?

thanx for your help, HelmutEasiest way is to use the Data Transformation Services (DTS) of SQL Server.
It has a nice UI.

Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Import and Export Data

HTH,
Dave

"Helmut Blass" <helmut_blass@.tweb.de> wrote in message
news:bplp9f$olf$07$1@.news.t-online.com...
> Hello,
> I have got the job to migrate data from an Excel-sheet to a
> sql-server-database. I have a lot of experience with Access but
> Sql-Server is not in my line.
> So who can give me some advice about how to do this job?
> thanx for your help, Helmut

No comments:

Post a Comment