Friday, March 30, 2012

Migrating Enterprise Manager Server List

Hi All,
I have just installed EM for SQL Server 2000 and so have no registered servers in the console list. We have about 50 servers which we support and so I would rather import my colleagues list rather than registering them all manually. Is there ay way to do this ?
Many thanks
AndyUSE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Works for me !! I accept no responsibility for anything :)

Well, this is a solution I would not attribute to myself , coz i did never invent it myself.

Register all your servers in one Enterprise Manager.

Then go to these keys :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\ Client\SuperSocketNetLib\LastConnect]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\SQLEW\Registered Servers X]


and export them.

Share the .reg files with your colleagues. Enjoy|||Enigma,
Thanks a lot... this worked a treat.
Cheers
Andysql

No comments:

Post a Comment