Friday, March 30, 2012

Migrating from Access 2000 to SQL Server

Hey All,
Migrating from Access 2000 to SQL Server 6.5 and am experiencing some difficulty...Using the database utilities -> wizard, use existing database, have File DSN created on Server, select it and the login appears. Enter the login and get error message:

"Reserved error (-1038); there is no message for this error"

I cannot locate any info on. If someone knows anything I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
soniaI thought I would add some info for you...

Now, normally when you specify the DSN (which is on a network) it prompts you for the user login but when I am in the wizard I didn't get the prompt, I had to actually use windows explorer, go to the correct server and when I selected it there I get the prompt, and I enter the correct user name/password and then the share folders appear. After I did that, the shared folders appear for me when using the wizard.

I located the error meaning in the reserved error refernces: JET_errBufferTooSmall -1038 Buffer is too small. I don't know what this means I should do... If someone knows anything I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks, Desperately hoping someone knows something
Ssql

No comments:

Post a Comment