Monday, March 12, 2012

Migrate Access 2002 to SQL Express 2005

Hello
I'm trying to migrate my access mdb (XP version) to SqlExpress 2005. I use Updating wizzard from Access and i get an error saying that my sql server is not compatible and that i have to use SQL 6,5 SP 5 or later. What i'm doing wrong?The best way to migrate your data would be to use the new integration services in sql server 2005. However, I'm not sure what Express edition offers in this way.|||I believe that you are right but this feature is not supported in SQL Express
Thanks|||Well you can download demo version of the full sql server 2005. Perhaps you should look at purchasing the developer version or an MSDN subscription to get the tools you need.|||This is possible but not in the default configuration. See the blog post at http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2004/07/23/192044.aspx for more info on how to configure to do this. Thanks< MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment